Saturday, June 22, 2019

2019 Blake Snell Autograph Count: 7

This is my new favorite Snell autograph for 2019. 




There are a bunch of different blogs that have done countdowns about the best Topps designs.  I could never do that, I would just stare at the cards and end up with a ten way tie for first place, and a ten way tie for second to last.  Everyone knows 2005 is terrible.  The 1984 Topps set would definitely be one of the card sets that would be in a ten way tie for first place. 

Is this design really that good, or do I just like it because it was the first full year that I collect? 

I like this card a lot. 

It's my second Snell autograph on a 1984 style Topps card.  This was the first, which was also my first of 2019.....



I like the All-Star style card though, so I am going to give my newest Snell a slight edge.  

Let's look at the back really quick.   




I thought the stars across the top were odd at first.  I guess I did not remember those being on the back of the original 1984 Topps All-Star cards, but I went and found an original.....



They were just covered by a red box labeled "Personal Data".  I can live with the slight change given the fact that Topps has to put that little disclaimer on the back of the card.  Well done.  



1 comment:

  1. The 80's was a great decade for Topps designs. I like the 84T design... but there are a few others I enjoy more. 1983 is one of my favorite Topps designs of all-time and 1987, 1980, and 1982 all rank slightly higher than 1984 for me.

    ReplyDelete

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....