Sunday, March 24, 2019

2019 Blake Snell Autograph Count: 3

Blake Snell autographs that are not from 2019?  I like those too.  My newest Blake Snell card is from the 2018 Topps Now set.  I have posted a few Topps Now cards on here from time to time, but I never directly purchase any of Topps direct consumer sales cards anymore. 

Long ago, I bought an Aledmys Diaz rookie card from them.  It was in less than ideal shape when it arrived at my house....



The response from Topps Customer Service was incredible.  




So, all the Topps Now cards that appear in this space are purchased, or traded for second hand.  

A look at the new Snell card.  All of the Topps Now autograph are encased, which is terrible for scanning, but helpful for keeping these cards in good shape.  Still not buying these directly from Topps.  



The autograph is typical of Snell's signature and it's on card.  No stickers here.  The bottom of the card has a caption about Snell winning his 21st game of the season.  The picture comes from the game, which took place against the Blue Jays in September of 2018.  

  


I thought the video of the game would also be nice since the back of the card is exactly two sentences with nothing else to help out the card.  No picture, or stats.  Nothing.  




Luckily, cards really are not judged on their backs.  This is my first Topps Now autograph, very impressed.  

4 comments:

  1. That sure is a fancy keyboard! Also, your lack of empathy from Topps doesn't seem terribly surprising, from what I've seen on Twitter, this seems to be their MO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Empathy with a generous heaping of bad quality control.

      Delete
  2. Cool card. I'd love to add a few more Snell autographs to my collection, but they're starting to creep up in price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have, but I know you have your collection of lefties. He would be a good find for you.

      Delete

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....