Thursday, June 28, 2018

Local Cardinals

A quick post.  The Cardinals traded outfielder Stephen Piscotty this offseason to the A's for two prospects.  I picked up and posted a card of infielder Yairo Munoz awhile ago, but have not had the chance to sit down and do anything with the second prospect in the trade, infielder Max Schrock.

Schrock played high school baseball at a parochial school in Raleigh and collegiately at South Carolina.  Since the trade, I have run into a few people with some Max Schrock stories.  All good of course.  I was pretty patient in waiting to track down one of his cards, but I recently picked up a copy of his 2017 Bowman Chrome autograph.

Sharp looking card.




My choices on cards of Schrock came down to one of these Bowman cards, or a Panini Elite from his brief time with the Nationals organization.  The Nats actually originally drafted him out of South Carolina, but they traded him to the A's for Marc Rzepczynski.  There is a blast from the past for all of my Cardinals readers.  The Panini card has all the usually Panini problems of being unattractive because the logos are airbrushed off of the uniforms.

Can we just get him in a South Carolina jersey?  Please?  Panini should just make College Baseball cards.

On to the back of the card.




My executive summary of Schrock's card back goes like this:  He is good at hitting baseballs and he is a decent prospect because of his ability to hit baseballs.  Schrock can also steal bases, but chooses good spots to run.  He's also only 5'8, so I guess he's pretty short too.

That's it.  Posts like this are why I used to write one per day back in the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....