Thursday, July 2, 2015

Snorting Bull Baseball Tour Day 2: Burlington Royals vs. Kingsport Mets

When I first moved to North Carolina I lived at the first Durham exit off of I-40 really close to Duke University.  It's not a far drive to Burlington and I often considered running over to check out a game.  At the time the Burlington team was an Indians minor league team known as the B-Tribe.  Somehow I never ended up there and after almost ten years of living in North Carolina I have still not attended a game in Burlington.

I ended up going to a wedding near the ballpark last August actually sparked the idea to get to a game there.   This evening I am crossing it off of my list.  Here's a look at the pitching match-up for the game between the Burlington Royals and the Kingsport Mets.....


The Royals are throwing Matt Tenuta.  He was a late pick (25th round) in the 2012 draft out of Apex High School in Apex, North Carolina.  I know all of my social media stuff alludes to the fact that I live in the Raleigh-Durham metro area, but Apex is the town I actually live in.  Pretty cool to run into a fellow Apex resident.  I am not sure how serious a prospect the left-handed pitcher is for the Royals, he is not on any prospect lists, but I guess you never know how some of these guys will turn out in the long run.  I like a good low draft pick time spent toiling in the minors story......

Here's a quick look at the rest of the players on the Royals Appalachian League entry.....

I know there has been a lot of excitement about Ashe Russell, this year's number one pick, but I am obviously not getting to see him tonight.  Dulin and Bailey were late draft picks the couple of years who are off to outstanding starts with the team.


The Kingsport Mets are starting Darwin Ramos who has had one good start under his belt this season in a game against the Bluefield Blue Jays going 6 innings, striking out 6, and allowing just one hit.


The Venezuelan righty is not on any prospects lists for the Mets, but his past statistics look decent.  He's still just 19, so I am curious to see him pitch and see what's there.  Here's a look at the rest of the Kingsport Mets:


1 comment:

  1. I've heard of a couple of the Royals but I can't say I know much about any of them. I've heard Tenuta's name dropped here and there a bit, but nothing to get me excited just yet.

    Enjoy the game.

    ReplyDelete

Random Ray - 2023 Panini Flawless

It turns out that Ray Lankford had two autographs in Panini Flawless. I added one a few weeks back and won the other in an auction on Ebay l...