Tuesday, May 14, 2013

2011 Bowman Hak Ju Lee Futures Game Jersey

A quick post tonight on the Rays shortstop of the future.  Entering this season one of the most exciting players on the Durham Bulls roster, in my opinion, was shortstop Hak Ju Lee.  I picked up an autograph from Lee a few weeks back and did a write up on the hot shortstop prospect.  Unfortunately, Lee has been diagnosed with a torn ligament in his knee and will be out for the remainder of the season.   This Bowman card represents the second big Lee card that I have picked up this spring.  There was also a small one that I posted this past weekend.

2011 Bowman Hak Ju Lee Futures Game Jersey

I was able to trade for this Lee card and was extremely happy to pick up a copy of this Bowman card.  I've used the phrase "dry" in previous posts to describe cards and sets that seem to disappear from the secondary market and rarely make an appearance.  I have been looking for this card since January and have found the market to be extremely dry.  I have seen one copy of this card on COMC and have never seen it on Ebay during the past five months.  Honestly, I know that Bowman puts out a set of Futures Jersey Cards every year and that the cards appear in the regular Bowman set, Bowman Sterling, and sometimes a few other sets.  The 2011 Bowman set was no different, but the triple relics cards in the Bowman base were extremely popular and are generally off the market and in private collections.  There are lots of great names in the set including Mike Trout and Shelby Miller.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....