Thursday, May 30, 2013

2010 Topps Pro Debut Brett Wallace Jumbo Patch Card

I was kind of hard on the Brett Wallace card market earlier this month when I gave a break down of the highs and lows of the Astros first baseman's journey from well-thought of prospect to a light hitting after thought.  I guess that post helped me land a sweet piece of cardboard in the long run.  Shortly after my posting on the Wallace card I was approached by a collector trying to get rid of a nice Brett Wallace card.  I will not overreach or overpay for players whom I do not collect, but I always take time to listen.  You never know when you will see something interesting or something that is a nice unique add to the collection.  Both of those things can be said about today's card.


2010 Topps Pro Debut Brett Wallace Jumbo Patch Card


Now, I do not care whether you are a huge Brett Wallace fan or not.  This is a really cool card.  The patch piece on the card is from Wallace's Future's Game jersey which he is wearing in the picture on the lefthand side of the card.  A little closer look at the Future's Game jersey's from the 2010 event shows that the star is from the edge of the USA logo, the grey in the background belongs to the leg of the Arch, and the white patch on the right side of the card is the leg of the letter U.



Overall, a really cool addition to the collection given that the card pictures Wallace as a Cardinals prospect and that the card also features a patch from the Future's Game that was played in Busch Stadium.  This at least the third really cool patch card that I have picked up during the past year that was connected with the 2009 All-Star game in St. Louis.  You can see the other two here and here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Random Ray - 2023 Panini Flawless

It turns out that Ray Lankford had two autographs in Panini Flawless. I added one a few weeks back and won the other in an auction on Ebay l...