Friday, April 26, 2013

A Pair of 2013 Tribute Jersey Cards

It's been a busy week this and I am a little bit behind on my posting.  Two weeks ago I started to work on putting together a few cards from the 2013 Topps Tribute set.  I've not opened any wax from this product and probably will not, but I am trying to track down a few nice hit cards to add to the collection.  I've already added a nice Carlos Gonzalez autograph and have a few more pieces in mind to pick up.  Two pieces I've been eyeing are the two jersey cards below.

2013 Topps Tribute Carlos Beltran Jumbo Jersey


 2013 Topps Tribute Adrian Beltre Jersey 


Both cards are "jumbo" pieces of jersey.  There are regular square jersey pieces in the set too.  The relic pieces on these cards are slightly jumbo, but products like Five Star offer a much better version of "jumbo" than this product.  My main interest in these cards are the two players on the front.  Beltran is a given since he is shown in Cardinals jersey, but I have actually been trying to pick up a few of his non-Cardinals cards here and there.  He's had a great career, and while he's not a Hall of Famer, he's been a great player for a really long time.  Beltre has also had a great career, but at 34, he still has a few years left in the tank and has already over 2000 hits, almost 350 home runs, and has won multiple Gold Gloves.

1 comment:

  1. Sweet cards. I always get these two guys confused. Anyways... I just picked up my first 2013 Tribute card this morning off of eBay. It's a Craig Biggio autograph... a guy I've been targeting for awhile now. Love the look of this product... but like you, I probably will never personally bust it.

    ReplyDelete

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....