Tuesday, December 11, 2012

2000 Upper Deck Pros & Prospects Scott Rolen and Robin Ventura Autographs

I picked up a pair of really cool cards this past weekend from the 2000 Upper Deck Pros & Prospects set.  If you aren't familiar with this set, it is definitely worth your time to become a little better acquainted.  The set features plenty of autographs that are all on card with a nice white background and all of them include a piece of game jersey.  In many ways the design reminds me of a vertical version of the 1999 SP Signature Series autographs.  

2000 Upper Deck Pros & Prospects Scott Rolen Jersey/Autograph

I will start with the Rolen card since I have actually collected him at one point in my career.  The signature on the card isn't the best for Rolen and it appears slightly faded, but I still love this card.  This is actually the second copy of this card that I own, but my other copy has a plain white piece of jersey.  I like the red pinstripe from the Phillies uniform.  Copies of this card a plentiful, inexpensive, and worth a look for your collection. 

2000 Upper Deck Pros & Prospects Robin Ventura Jersey/Autograph

The Ventura card might be a little bit more popular then the Rolen card at the moment given his success as the White Sox manager this season.  I've never collected Ventura cards, but he was on a bunch of teams and collectors of the White Sox, Mets, Dodgers, and Yankees all kind of dig his cards from my previous experiences.  I like this card a little bit better than the Rolen, especially since the signature seems to be in better shape.  It's also my first Ventura autograph that wasn't a 1997 Donruss Signature Series or a really bad in-person autograph.  

2000 Skybox Metal Robin Ventura Autograph (in-person)

The texture of the Skybox Metal cards makes them less than ideal for signing.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....