Friday, November 23, 2012

2006 Topps 52 Edward Mujica Autograph

A minor addition to my collection was made this past week in the form of this cool 2006 Topps 52 Edward Mujica card.  I picked up this card off of Ebay for less than $2.00.


2006 Topps 52 Edward Mujica Autograph


While this card is not the most exciting or expensive card, I was happy to add this card given the performance of Mujica after his trade to the Cardinals this past summer.  Mujica pitched in 29 games for the Cardinals this summer and had 21 strikeouts to 3 walks, along with an ERA of 1.03 and a WHIP of 0.87.  He frequently pitched the seventh inning in front of Mitchell Boggs in the eighth and Jason Motte in the ninth.  As you can imagine, the market for Mujica cards is extremely limited.  This card is his only certified autograph and since he has now appeared for the Cardinals, a must have for my card collection.  

If you are looking for another sweet Mujica card I would highly recommend the 2012 Topps Update card.  Great job by Topps of getting a Mujica card into the set and an even better job on the photo with the powder blue 80s Cardinals uniform.

2012 Topps Update Sparkle Edward Mujica 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....