Saturday, May 18, 2019

A Card From The Pack

The prices on Bowman have continued to drop off, so I decided that last week was the right time to add a few more cards from the set.  This time I went with two Cardinals.  I do not know too much about the first player outside the fact that his father is former Rangers shortstop Benji Gil. 



The Cardinals took the infielder in the third round of last year's draft, but at 17 he has a long way to go to reach the Majors.  This was a really cheap card, so really no risk here in picking up this card.  The weird airbrushing reminds me of Bowman Draft.  Hopefully, he turns out to be a good player. 

Next up, a card I have wanted for awhile. 




Knizner went to NC State and was a good player in college.  He was a freshman All-American, but lost a little traction during his time playing for the Pack while transitioning from third base to catching.  My Cardinals drafted him 2016, and he has ascended to Triple A.  Good prospect, but has not had many cards for some reason.  This is my second of 2019, let's hope there are a few more at some point.  

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear prices of Bowman are starting to fall. I've got a card show next month and would like to pick up a few A's prospects.
    Anyways... I hope these guys end up being household names for you.

    ReplyDelete

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....