Saturday, July 11, 2015

Yadi ManuCoin


I have not done a lot with manu cards this year.  I have kept the pair of pin cards that I pulled out of my two jumbo boxes, but I have not gone out of my way to pick up any additional cards.  There are some Cardinals out there and I ran into a nice one the other day on a local Facebook trading group.  This is a 1st Home Run card and I believe these were in retail blasters at one per box.  It's a thick card with the date of Molina's first home run and a nice coin errr....thing...on the front.  Of course MLB has not posted a video of the home run to their YouTube Channel yet, so here is another Molina home run for your entertainment.



The back of the card gives a nice blurb about the home run which came against the Brewers.  Matt Wise was pitching.  Topps can often overlook the little details on cards, so it came as a surprise that the picked a cool early picture of Yadi to place on the card.  Note the jersey number of 41 on the picture which was worn by the Cardinals catcher for the 2004 and 2005 season.  His current number 4 was worn by Tony Womack during his first season in 2004.  He switched to 4 after the 2005 season.  The little details are always good.  Glad to add this card to the collection.  

1 comment:

  1. Very cool card. I'll have to see if there are any Athletics or Padres in this set.

    ReplyDelete

Monday Morning Autograph - Felipe Lopez

I own a couple of thousand autographs, the majority have never appeared on my blog. Here is a random autograph that I have never posted.   T...