Thursday, April 18, 2013

2011 Bowman Chrome Brandon Guyer Autograph

I have started to work on putting together some cards from the players on the 2013 Durham Bulls.  They are my local baseball interest and I usually spend a good deal of time hanging out at the Durham Bulls Athletic Park every summer.  I've been to one Bulls game this year and they looked very sharp in taking down the Gwinnett Braves.  In fact, the Bulls record of 10-5 has them out in front of the Southern Division of the International League after the first weeks of the season.  Better yet is the fact that there are lots of good players to collect on this year's version of the Bulls.

I already added a Wil Myers autograph a few weeks back, but took a little bit of a step back this week to pick up a card I missed out on a few summers back.


2011 Bowman Chrome Brandon Guyer Autograph


Brandon Guyer is currently serving as the starting left fielder for the Durham Bulls after spending parts of the past year and a half in Tampa.  Guyer first came to the Rays organization in 2011 in the Matt Garza trade.  He played the first part of the season in Durham and posted a .312 average with 14 homers and 61 RBIs.  Guyer was promoted to Tampa and spent the end of 2011 with the big team.  He started off the 2012 season with Tampa, but was injured and spent much of the year on the DL.

I guess the Tampa outfield is too crowded for Guyer, so he is back in Durham and is off to a fabulous start with a 3 homers and 9 RBIs in the first two weeks of the season.  I am guessing that he'll end back up in Tampa sooner than later, so I decided to stretch out and find a few cards of Guyer's from his days on the Baby Bears.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....