Wednesday, April 10, 2024

98

This is the 98th Blake Snell autograph in my collection and comes from the 2020 Topps Tribute set. I have several other Snell autographs out of this product from this same year, but not this one.  After putting together a large collection of Snell autographs, I am piecing together odds and ends in an effort to reach 100 autographs. 

Here is the front of the card.  



This is another shadowbox style card that did not come through very well in the scan. The picture in the center of the card is set back against the second picture on the right side of the card and the autograph.  I really enjoy the shadowbox style cards and I am happy to add another from a high-end Topps product. 

The serial number is in the lower left-hand corner. Surprisingly there are 99 copies of this card and I have missed out on it for the past four years.   

Here is the back of the card.   


You've got the standard "Congratulations" message, but also a nice little write-up on the bottom about Snell's first Cy Young Award winning season.  I like that the write-up digs a little into the Rays history.   

Overall, nice card that brings me closer to 100 Blake Snell Autographs.  

5 comments:

  1. 100 autos of one player is quite an accomplishment. I can't wait to see the two that get you there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big fan of shadow box cards... especially when they are signed. Not sure if he has any Padres signatures with this format, but if he does... I'll probably add one eventually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't think of one off the top of my head, but if I ever run across one I will send it your way.

      Delete
  3. Do you keep all of his autos in their own box?

    ReplyDelete

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....