Sunday, June 11, 2023

Something Different

Roughly 95% of the posts on this blog are about Durham Bulls or Cardinals players. That might actually be a touch low. 

Anyway, in an attempt to branch out, I have decided that there are other good players on other teams. Some of those good players have baseball cards and some of those cards might look nice in my collection.  

Enter Luis Arraez.

He is hitting .400. That's really all he is doing. Beyond the .400 average, Arraez has hit1 home run and stolen 1 base. So, not much power and not much speed, just hits.  

I recently bought one of his autographs, which came from last year's Gypsy Queen set.   


I have no idea what Topps has done with the design of this product in recent years. The important thing is that it's an on-card autograph.  

It would be cool to see someone hit .400 and Arraez seems to have a chance.  

Go team.  

4 comments:

  1. I wasn't familiar with him, but did go look at his stats for the season anyway. Looks like his average has started to drop since you did this post. You may have put the kibosh on him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's under .380.

      What have a done?

      I would like to apologize to Luis Arraez, all the Marlins fans in my life, the family of Luis Arraez, all the statisticians who might have spent their summer tweeting out updates on Arraez's batting average.....

      Delete
  2. Another blogger wrote about him a few times last season, so I picked up his autograph very early in the season. Glad I did... because they seem to have jumped in price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you could find tons of his autographs for less than $20 at the beginning of the season. They have all drifted above that. Weird having a player on the Marlins have a big spike on his card prices.

      Delete

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....