Monday, June 12, 2023

Pujols Post - 2003 Fleer Ultra

The card lists Albert Pujols' position as outfield, but I am going to ignore that and focus on the fact that the front of the card shows him playing third base. The Cardinals traded for Scott Rolen in the middle of the 2002 season, so this was the end of Albert's run as a third baseman.  

Soak in that picture.....


It's really nice.  

Beyond the photograph, the design of the front is fine for a Fleer Ultra card. The yellow is a little much, but at least it's a secondary color on the name bar. The whole thing could be yellow and that would stink. 

Back of the card.   



I love the red background with the white print. It really pops. The yellow is a little harder to ignore on the back of the card, but still not bad. Again, I can live with it.  Nice little write up too.  

Overall, this is a great card.  The picture on the front makes it all work.  

2 comments:

  1. Great card indeed. Outfield designation. Well-cropped photo w/ 3B Pujols. This card has it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a great base card. Man, I really miss Fleer Ultra.

      Delete

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....