Sunday, September 19, 2021

2021 Blake Snell Autograph Count: 3

I am not a huge fan of dual autographs.  It's not really my thing.  Blake Snell has not signed many dual signature cards and I have not added any of them to my collection.  For me to like a dual signature card, there needs to be a strong connection between the two players.  I prefer the players to be on the same team and comparable pieces.  I know one of the dual signature cards Snell has is with Brendan McKay.  Same team.  One of the players was the American League Cy Young Award winner, the other has been on the Durham Bulls injured reserve list for 2 years.  

So, what would move me to buy a Blake Snell dual autograph after passing on others?  

Dual.  Durham.  Bulls.  

Here is the card.  




Snell and Cronenworth were never on the Durham Bulls at the same time, but they are both two of my favorite former players.   Obviously on the same team at the moment with the Padres.  They are actually pretty close in age, but Snell was drafted out of high school and Cronenworth went the college route.  Cronenworth was also not a very highly regarded prospect, but there is nothing more Rays than turning a former college relief pitcher into a super utility player.  Snell was a first round pick.  

As for the card, this is from Dynamic Duals, which was a Topps On-Demand product.  I don't buy Topps directly from Topps.  I still have not moved on from my curved Aledmys Diaz rookie card.  





I am not sure how much these cost when buying direct from Topps, but I waited out a seller on Ebay and got the card at I price I felt comfortable paying.  Mind you, it has Cronenworth on it, so it cost more than the typical Snell autograph.  Since I am only 3 Snell autographs into 2021, I decided to splurge.  It's also a dual sticker autograph, so I was not going to splurge too much.  

Back of the card.  



Meh.  

If they had mentioned that they were both on the Durham Bulls, I would have been really impressed.  That did not happen.  

2 comments:

  1. Shame Topps didn't mention the Bulls on the back... but it's still a sweet card. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dual autos only work me if I care about both of the signers.

    ReplyDelete

Monday Morning Autograph - Felipe Lopez

I own a couple of thousand autographs, the majority have never appeared on my blog. Here is a random autograph that I have never posted.   T...