Saturday, December 14, 2019

2019 Blake Snell Autograph Count: 28

I said I was done for the year after the last Blake Snell post, but thanks to the generosity of a fellow collector, I now have my 28th autograph of the year.  Completely unexpected.  I am very grateful for the extra card. 

This is from the Topps Holiday Set.  It's a retail product that is sold exclusively at Wal-Mart.  The autographs in the set all look the same with a Christmas sweater type design in the background, a picture of the player wearing a Santa hat, and a chunk of the Santa hat from the photo. 





It's a sticker autograph, which is fine in my book on retail exclusive products.  You cannot be too picky if you are only spending $20 for a box of cards.  I actually think that the sticker is fairly well blended in here.  The busy background provides good cover for the edges of the sticker.  The rectangular section with the sticker just looks a little duller. 

Back of the card. 




The back of the card has the standard "Congratulations" disclaimer.  It also clarifies where the Santa hat came from on the front of the card.  It would not have shocked me if the Santa hat was airbrushed onto Snell.  

2 comments:

  1. I'm absolutely obsessed with this product. And after seeing this autograph... I love it a wee bit more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought a blaster of it three years ago, or thereabouts, but have not touched it since. Not sure it's my cup of tea, but there are a few Cardinals cards in this year's set that look decent.

      Delete

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....