Sunday, November 24, 2019

Two More Guys In My Wolfpack

I took a bit of a break from baseball cards last week to pick up a pair of basketball cards.  I had not even really thought about finding any new basketball cards, but I ran across a social media post with a picture of a former NC State basketball player.






I think Cody Martin might be more famous for his time playing at Nevada, but he spent the first two years of his college basketball career at NC State.  He is actually from North Carolina.  If you do not know anything about Cody Martin, he also has a twin brother who played at both NC State and Nevada.

Caleb is not in the NBA, but once did not sit down after fouling out of a game at Duke.



This is what they do when someone fouls out.....




Not sitting down at Duke three or four years ago has not earned Caleb a card, but Cody has several as a member of the Charlotte Hornets, and as a Nevada Wolfpack.  No NC State Wolfpack, so I went with the Hornets.  He was really good in college, both at NC State and Nevada, but I am not sure he is doing very much with the Hornets.  




What is this card?  

I don't know.  No idea.  It did not cost much.  I am not sure that I like the fact that Cody now has a man bun.  The NC State people used to ride Kyle Guy, he went to Virginia, pretty hard over his man bun back in the day. 




Kyle Guy is on the Sacramento Kings now.  Not sure he plays at all.  

I also picked up another copy of Dennis Smith's rookie card from Contenders a few years back.  




Smith has not really lived up hype, but he was a fun player to watch while he was at NC State.  

1 comment:

  1. Love the cool and crazy traditions in college basketball (and football).

    ReplyDelete

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....