Monday, November 11, 2019

2019 Blake Snell Autograph Count: 24

I am going to meet my goal of 25 Blake Snell autographs.  They are already all here sitting on my desk.  I got a little behind the past few weeks on Blake Snell cards though, so I am going to post them a little bit out of the order in which they arrived into my collection.  For today, I am going to go with an autograph out of Triple Threads.  This is usually a favorite product.

Here is the card.  




I am feeling like these cards are getting a little stale.  I have never minded that these cards were sticker autographs, but I feel like they are lost a little bit of creativity with the different phrases and sayings that are on the fronts of the cards.  Low IP 21 Wins?  That's not that great.  There is also a "RISP Stopper" card and a "Swings & Misses" card.  Both are better than the card I bought, but five or six years ago Topps would have slapped "Snellzilla" on his cards, which is better than all of them.  

Simple is better, just use his nickname.  

Someone slapped this card up with a low Buy It Now.  The card was cheaper than any other copy of this card that had sold up to that point.  The price of Snell Triple Threads cards has slid back a little more over the past week, so maybe I will find a second copy of this card with a different phrase on the front. 

Back of the card.  




The phrase "Low IP 21 Wins" is explained.  We get the usual disclaimer about the card being signed in front of someone from Topps.  Also the usually disappointing disclaimer about the relics on the cards, which means that they are likely from a jersey that Blake Snell once put on, walked around the clubhouse in, and then took it off.  

One more until I reach my goal.  

1 comment:

  1. Triple Threads autographs are pretty cool. But I agree the Low IP 21 Wins phrase is kinda silly. 24 autographs is quite the accomplishment. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....