Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Just Stick To The Plan

Way back in January I wrote a bunch of goals about what I wanted to do with my collection this year.    It was so long ago, and it is so easy to lose track of those sorts of goals.  I am not sure how many different baseball card products have been released this year, I am thinking five to six, but I have only put together two different sets so far.  I have a Heritage set, and a base set of Topps. 

I have picked up a few packs of Donruss, not cool, but otherwise I have stuck to the plan.  

During this past week, Topps released their Gypsy Queen product.  I have been a fan in the past, and kind of dig the look of the base cards this year along with a few of the inserts.  I can tell you that I have been in Target and Wal-Mart during the past week.  I bought no Gypsy Queen cards.  None.  

However, I did pick up a pair of Gypsy Queen cards.  Sticking to the plan, only Cardinals and former Durham Bulls.  I am kind of excited about the Cardinals card. 



There are other Jose Martinez cards that have come out of the last year or two, but the guy has had zero certified autographs.  I have seen a few locally in person autographs, since he spent five years in the Carolina League, but nothing that I really wanted to add to my collection. 

I was hoping the day would come when Jose would sign something for some card company.  Here we are. 

Next, the Durham Bulls portion of the post. 




Adames has been in Durham the last few years, but seems to finally have found a spot on the Rays roster.  His autographs seemed to have cooled off a bit over the last two years, which has helped me add a few more of his cards to the collection.  I like that he's an actual Ray on these cards now, not just a random photo from Spring Training.  


4 comments:

  1. Outside of framed parallels (which I don't think Topps makes anymore)... the on-card autographs are my favorite thing about Gypsy Queen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss the framed cards, they are not in this year. Not sure why they stopped making them.

      Delete
  2. I saw some people on Twitter complaining about the line that goes across the autograph cards, I actually don't hate it, as it kind of reminds me of a funky "cut here" type of deal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I first looked at the cards, I actually thought that they had switched to sticker autographs. I am guessing it's there as a designation for where the players were supposed to sign the cards.

      Delete

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....