Saturday, November 3, 2018

A Full Serving Of Kelloggs

Since my initial post about putting together a 1983 Kellogg's set I have made two additional posts with updates about the cards that I had added towards completion.  My last post with 1983 Kellogg's was last Sunday, but I did not post an updated checklist.  I still had about thirty cards left to chase down.  After few little trades that were not worth an individual post, a COMC order, and a few from a seller I met Sports Lots order, I have crossed off the rest of the cards on the checklist.  

Here is the checklist:


2 Rollie Fingers 
4 George Brett 
6 Pete Rose 
7 Fernando Valenzuela 
8 Rickey Henderson 
9 Carl Yastrzemski 
10 Rich Gossage 
11 Eddie Murray 
13 Jim Rice 
14 Robin Yount 
15 Dave Winfield  
17 Garry Templeton 
19 Pete Vuckovich 
27 Leon Durham 
31 Nolan Ryan 
35 Jack Morris 
39 Jim Palmer 
40 Lance Parrish 
41 Floyd Bannister 
42 Larry Gura 
44 Toby Harrah 
45 Steve Carlton 
52 Dale Murphy 
53 Kent Hrbek 
54 Bob Horner 
55 Gary Carter 
56 Carlton Fisk 
57 Dave Concepcion 
58 Mike Schmidt 
59 Bill Buckner 


Here are the last thirty cards.  Very happy with the completion of this set and the fact that I basically made it to within the two month window which was my goal when this project started.









Some great looking pictures of some of the best players from the early 1980s.  I am actually going to try and put together the 1982 set as well.  I am a lot further along with that set than where I started with this one.  Besides, as a person who enjoys building sets, I am finding more fun with these types of oddball releases from my childhood than the current offerings from Topps and Panini.  



4 comments:

  1. Man. There are a lot of hall of famers in this set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dang Fuji, that's what I was gonna throw in here. great player selection. who knew at the time so many of these men would be in Cooperstown one day?

    ReplyDelete

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....