Saturday, September 24, 2016

I'm Ready To Talk About Fernando Again...

Several years ago there were a lot of current and former players who roamed social media that were pretty fun to follow along with, but in my opinion former Cardinals third baseman Fernando Tatis might have been the best of them all.  Most people remember Fernando, I like to call him Freddy Tats, from his game against the Dodgers in 1999 where he hit two grand slams in one inning off of Chan Ho Park.


Welp, the Twitter account of Fernando Tatis just added to the legend of the man who hit two grand slams in one inning.  There was so much to love about the account:  

Art work about Wendy's founder Dave Thomas....



Tweets putting down the Denver Broncos in the Super Bowl while making reference to his two grand slams in one inning game.....



and inspirational quotes, my personal favorite could not be tracked down on Twitter....


"Swag is made up of 4 characteristics, Solid fun, Winning attitude, Aggresive pursuit of humanity, and Goals"

-Fernando Tatis 

All of the fun came crashing down one day in September of 2014 when MLB writer Jesse Sanchez attended a baseball game to watch Fernando Tatis Jr..  So, while he was watching Fernando Jr., now plays in the Padres system, he ran into Fernando Tatis.  The guy who hit two grand slams in one inning.  That's when the bomb was dropped.....


Something put on the internet was not true?  I was devastated and have not many any Fernando Tatis posts over the last two years.  He's been mentioned in a post here and there in passing, but no cards.  Is it really because I was that upset about his Twitter account being fake, or was it simply that nobody really made any cool Fernando Tatis cards?  

After looking back through my cards, I noticed that there are basically no cards of Fernando made over the last two years, and I didn't buy or trade for any cool old ones either.  I do want to say though, that I miss the Fernando Tatis Twitter account, fake or not, it was funny.  

and finally someone made a new Fernando Tatis card this summer.  This card has been sitting on my desk for the last two or three months and I figured why not go ahead and post it....



I love this card.  I am not sure why Fernando Tatis is on a 1983 Topps card, but I love the design of this set.  It was one of the first sets that I collected when I was a kid, not sure how many other people like this design, but I like the reprints Topps makes of this set for the most part.  Fernando still has the same unique signature which has a pretty cool look.  

Happy to see Freddy Tats back on a baseball card.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

2024 Blake Snell Autograph Count: 7

This is the ninety-seventh Blake Snell autograph in my collection and definitely the first with the word "Pentamerous" on the fron...