Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Pair of Pennants

I posted my first Pro Debut card about two weeks ago showing off a Tyler Kolek manu logo card of him with the Greensboro Grasshoppers.  Pro Debut has become one of my favorite yearly card products, not so much for opening boxes or packs, but just finding some cool single cards.  There are not a ton of mainstream minor league products out on the market and this is one of the few that actually shows the players in their minor league duds. 

There have been a variety of different inserts, autographs, and relics featured in Pro Debut, but the manufactured logo cards are what got me started on this set long ago....



I really liked some of the early card designs of these patches a little better than the current ones, but I still dig the more current releases and enjoy collecting them.  This year I have been trying to track down a few different teams including a Cardinals and a few North Carolina teams beyond the Greensboro Grasshoppers.  I bet you can guess one of the North Carolina teams, so let's take care of that one first....


The Durham Bulls seem to always have a manu logo/pennant in this set.  Really, why wouldn't they have one?  This year's card features top Rays pitching prospect Blake Snell.  Snell has been prompted up to the Rays since the last time I mentioned him in a blog post.  I don't expect him to come back anytime soon, so it was a good run and I am happy to have this card of him wearing the blue and Texas tan Bulls uni.  

Next. 


I am trying to get into the Burlington Royals.  They are a little further from my house then the Durham Bulls and Carolina Mudcats, but I really enjoyed watching a game at their stadium last summer.  I have a return trip coming up in a few weeks.  It's a great place to watch a baseball game and is one of those little Minor League parks where you could almost reach out and touch the players.   Russell was a first round draft pick of the Royals who started out in Burlington last year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Random Ray - 2023 Panini Flawless

It turns out that Ray Lankford had two autographs in Panini Flawless. I added one a few weeks back and won the other in an auction on Ebay l...