Thursday, February 26, 2015

Off Schedule Old School ManuPatch

My schedule is way far off this week.  It actually started sometime last week, but I am a creature of routine, which includes this blog.  The last two weeks I worked four hours last Monday, then did not work again until Monday this week.  I have not worked since.  My schedule gets off track and then my blogging gets off too.  Like right now it's 2:30 in the morning and I am wide awake because I took a nap yesterday.  What's going on in Raleigh right now?  This.....



Well, I may not be working again the rest of this week, but it's supposed to be 70 on Monday.  Looking forward to that.  I am also going to try and get back on track with my usual blog posts.  So many drafts right now, so let's knock out a cool card that showed up a few days ago in my mail.....



I saw this card a few weeks back on Ebay and decided to splurge a bit on picking up this cool old Upper Deck Manufactured Patch.....



I have done plenty of posts in the past about ManuPatches, but the earliest manufactured patches were actually originally in the early Upper Deck Sweet Spot products.  The first year with the patches was 2002 which had patches of player numbers.  I was not a huge fan of the design and look of those cards, but the following year Upper Deck put out cards with team logos on the cards.  I really liked these cards back in the day and pulled one of two of these back in the day.  I also quickly sold the cards.  

I really liked the look of this Big Mac card, and for less than $5, decided that this would be a fun card to add into the collection.  As a Manu card fan, I am actually going to put this out there...I am not really excited about the Manu cards in this year's Topps cards.  I pulled one out of my Series 1 box, but immediately turned it around in a trade.....


The Sweet Spot card is really simple and Upper Deck only put out ManuPatch card for a few years during the early 2000s.  Topps has now put out a ManuPatch card for the last seven or eight years.  Maybe it's time to give the ManuPatch cards a little bit of a rest...

No comments:

Post a Comment

2024 Blake Snell Autograph Count: 7

This is the ninety-seventh Blake Snell autograph in my collection and definitely the first with the word "Pentamerous" on the fron...