Saturday, January 19, 2013

Set In Progress: 1998 Topps Tek

In the next few days the card calendar for 2013 will officially kick off and I will start my 30th year in the card collecting hobby.  I have had a bit of vacation time recently around the holidays and spent some quality time hanging out with my cards.  After thirty years of collecting I am really happy with my collection, but there is always room for improvement.  This year I have decided that I am going to focus on tying up some loose ends with different card sets that I have collected during my time in the hobby, but have been unable to complete for various reasons.

Thinking about launching a massive search for numerous sets and numerous amounts of cards might be overwhelming, so I am going to work on putting together two or three at a time.  I will start simple and go with two.  My first set up is going to be the 1998 Topps Tek set.  I wrote a post back in September about the set and my pursuit of all the Ray Lankford cards in the set and a brief background explaining the concept behind the set.

Note, I am not assembling the complete set of 8,100 cards by taking on this set.  I am merely going to continue to look for my Ray Lankford variations while actually find one copy of all 90 cards in the set. Currently, I sit at 58 of the 90 cards in set.  I am not sure how long it will take, but if I am not choosy about the pattern I think I could find the remaining cards in two months.  

The cards that I need:

2 Kerry Wood, 3 Barry Bonds, 6 Frank Thomas, 7 Bernie Williams, 8 Dante Bichette, 16 Brady Anderson, 17 Vladimir Guerrero, 18 Dave Justice, 19 Chipper Jones, 21 Roger Clemens, 22 Mark Kotsay, 23 Tony Gwynn, 25 Tino Martinez, 26 Andruw Jones, 27 Sandy Alomar, 29 Gary Sheffield, 32 Curt Schilling, 33 Robin Ventura, 34 Larry Walker, 37 Paul O'Neill, 41 Pedro Martinez, 42 Derek Bell, 45 Kenny Lofton, 51 Cal Ripken, 52 Jason Kendall, 60 Juan Gonzalez, 62 Jose Cruz, 64 Edgar Martinez, 70 Chuck Knoblauch, 72 Tim Salmon, 73 Orlando Hernandez, 76 Derrek Lee, 79 Jeff King, 80 Mike Mussina, 82 Quinton McCracken, 84 Richard Hidalgo, 86 Mike Piazza








No comments:

Post a Comment

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....