Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2008 Upper Deck Premier Brian Roberts Triple Relic

A few months ago I picked up one of my favorite Ozzie Smith cards from the Upper Deck Premier set. If you have never looked into the set, the cards were produced for several years and generally feature nice pieces of patch.  The cards generally have a limited print run and they can be tricky and expensive to track down.

2008 Upper Deck Premier Brian Roberts Triple Relic



Luckily, over the holidays I was able to track down a copy of an Upper Deck Premier card featuring Orioles second baseman Brian Roberts.  While Roberts has spent the past few years hanging out on the disabled list, he has made the American League All-Star twice.  Brian Roberts is also a native of Durham, North Carolina, briefly attended one of the blue Carolina schools, and later attended South Carolina.  This card features two pieces of patch from Robert's road uniform and one piece of plain grey road jersey.  I am excited to add this card to my collection and will be on the lookout for more Upper Deck Premier cards in the future.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....