Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Platinum Padre

A quick post for this morning.  Catching up on life is putting me a little bit behind on blogging this week, but I have got the next two weeks off work.  Everything will get done.  I had the chance to add a cool card to my collection this past week in the shape of a 2002 Topps Gold Label Ray Lankford Platinum parallel.


2002 Topps Gold Label Platinum Ray Lankford 


The card is serial numbered to 250 and features one of my favorite Cardinals players as a member of the San Diego Padres.  He was traded to the Padres in 2001 for pitcher Woody Williams.  Lankford ended up back on the Cardinals for his final season in 2004.  Lankford does not have many cards as a Padre, but there are a few floating around.  Curiously, most of the really rare Lankford cards, printing plates etc, feature him as a Padre.  Like all Lankford cards, a welcome addition to the collection.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....