Sunday, December 16, 2012

2012 Topps Heritage Minor League Carlos Martinez Magenta Printing Plate

I don't dabble in the 1/1 market very often, but was excited to acquire a printing plate from the Topps Heritage Minor League of Cardinals pitching prospect Carlos Martinez.  The 2012 season has marked the debut of Martinez in licensed sets and I have managed to pick up a couple of his autographs early in the year.

2012 Topps Heritage Minor League Carlos Martinez Magenta Printing Plate 


I found this card over on my Facebook page where it was pulled by Ryan, a great baseball card trader.  He can also be found in several of the trading groups, but is always really cool to work with on trading.  Anyway, I sent over a nice Ryan Bruan autograph for the Martinez plate and we also traded out a few nice relics cards from my side for a few nice autographs and relic card for my end of the deal.

2008 SPX Young Stars Signatures Chris Duncan Autograph

First up is a nice Chris Duncan autograph from the 2008 SPX set.  I actually own almost all of the Chris Duncan autographs, but was still missing this one.  I collected Chris Duncan cards for awhile after the 2006 World Series since he was one of the key players on that team.  He has since retired due to a neck injury and works in St. Louis in talk radio.  

2010 Donruss Elite Tyrell Jenkins

I also received a 2010 Donruss Elite Tyrell Jenkins autograph.  Jenkins is one of the better pitching prospects in the highly rated Cardinals minor league system.  He is considered a little bit raw, but is a fantastic athlete and was recruited to Baylor to play football.  Jenkins is also a great follow on Twitter and really interacts with his fans and followers.  

2007 Upper Deck Sweet Spot Bruce Sutter Jersey

Lastly, I received a Sweet Sport Bruce Sutter jersey.  The card has a cool picture of Bruce Sutter with the awesome shaggy 80s beard and a piece of powder blue Cardinals road jersey.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....