Friday, December 21, 2012

2012 Bowman Draft Oscar Taveras Futures Game Jersey

2012 Bowman Draft Oscar Taveras Futures Game Jersey

I have been slowly adding to my Oscar Taveras collection this fall and picked up a cool new card of his this past week.  Taveras was the Cardinals third rated prospect behind Shelby Miller and Carlos Martinez last year before he won the Texas League MVP playing for Springfield.  The Texas League tends to be a pitching league, so for one of the league's youngest players to come in and put up a .321 average with power is quite impressive.  I am hoping he appears in St. Louis soon, but wouldn't be shocked if he hangs out in Memphis (AAA) for awhile next year.  

I have actually picked up a few other Taveras cards this summer and featured a few in this space.  His cards have really picked up momentum and are getting to be a little bit high for a player who hasn't taken a Major League at-bat.  This card is from the over airbrushed Bowman Draft set which features a set of jersey cards from the Futures game.  I really like the design of this card, which is also available in patch form.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....