Thursday, July 12, 2012

July Baseball Card Contest

I haven't done a contest in a few months, so I have cooked up something cool to keep you busy for the next few weeks.  As many of you know who read my blog I love cards from the 90's and had a little bit of fun with several of them this afternoon.

Here's the contest:

I have scanned and cropped a total of 10 baseball cards from the years 1997, 1998, and 1999.  Each scan leaves some clue as to the player, the card brand, and the year.  You will need to identify all three for each of ten baseball cards.  If the card is from an insert set you will also need to identify the insert set name.

For example:
















is really this card:




















So your answer would be:

Mark McGwire
1998 Leaf
State Representatives

The Rules:

You must answer all ten pictures correctly to be entered into a drawing for the prize card.  The prize card for this month is a Sweet Spot Matt Kemp autograph.  The card does have a smudge, but is still a really cool card to own.  Your answers can be submitted to me via pm on Facebook, direct meesage on Twitter, or emailed to me at thesnortingbull@gmail.com.  If you answer in a post you either on Blogger, Facebook, or Twitter you will be disqualified from the drawing.  Responses must be submitted by August 1st at 8pm EST.



The Pictures:


Picture 1

Picture 2
Hint: Part of the card is actually clear

Picture 3
Hint: Card is actually clear

Picture 4

Picture 5

Picture 6

Picture 7
Hint: Die-Cut

Picture 8

Picture 9

Picture 10





No comments:

Post a Comment

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....