Sunday, July 2, 2023

2023 Blake Snell Autograph Count: 6

The 2023 Topps Heritage Blake Snell Autograph is the 81st Blake Snell autograph in my collection.  

I was excited to see a few brand new 2023 Blake Snell autographs come up in the past month. I was worried for a second that he had stopped signing for the year. It is his walk year, so I figured he might just be strictly focused on pitching this year. He has definitely slowed down. There are currently two out there with this being the first current year autograph I have added to my collection.  

Here is the front of the card.....


Typical of the Heritage cards from this year, which borrow the design of from the 1974 Topps, this Snell features a tightly cropped portrait style photo. The Padres cards all have the orangish-brown team name boxes and yellow picture frame. Snell's signature has its usual appearance. It's Heritage, so the autograph is on-card.  

Very nice looking card front.  

Back of the card.  


I like that the Heritage autographs have the same back as the base card with the exception of the card number in the top left corner. You get the autograph, plus all the player stats, two really cool factoids about Snell's 2020 World Series appearance, the player information, and a cartoon of Blake Snell holding a what is supposed to be a Cy Young Award.  

Sounds a bit like an infomercial......

But wait there's more.......

Not really. 

Remember that time Blake Snell was pitching for the Rays in the World Series and had a ton of strikeouts and a two-hitter in the sixth inning and then the Rays manager pulled him out of the game?  

Still not really over that.  

4 comments:

  1. 81 autographs? Wowza. That's impressive. Snell has been fantastic on the mound lately. It's a shame that the Padres bullpen has struggled so badly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snell is back to his old form. I hope the Cardinals will make a run at him this offseason, but they are far too cheap. Anyway, as long as he doesn't sign with the Cubs, i will keep collecting him.

      Delete
  2. I'm sure that there are collectors out there with more autographs of one particular player, but I've never heard of somebody having anywhere near 81 for the same person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a small fish in a big pond of baseball cards. I am fortunate that Blake Snell cards are generally less than $20, otherwise I would not own very many.

      Delete

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....