Tuesday, September 13, 2022

2022 Blake Snell Autograph Count: 6

It seems like it was just last month when the 2022 Blake Snell Autograph Count was only at 2. Hardly any of the newly added Snell signatures are from this current year. I am having good success in finding autographs from his time in Tampa with low prints runs. These cards were either too expensive at the time of their release, or I just never found one due to print run limitations.  

I do not know why I do not have a copy of this 2019 Triple Threads card of Snell that I found last week. I used to love this product, but have really gone away from it over the last few years. I have been down on sticker autographs, down on relic cards, and the little sayings on the card have gotten weird at times.  

This card seemed too nice to pass up.  



This Triple Threads autograph has a really low print-run at just 9 and it was an auction on Ebay. I really did not think I was going to win it, but here we are. I like the different colored patches on the front with the white piece, striped piece, and solid blue piece.   

The "Early Honors" phrase is explained on the back of the card.  




Neat little factoid about Blake Snell.  

I have seen this stat before. Interestingly, Shane Bieber of the Indians/Gaurdians also won a Cy Young Award in 2020 prior to turning 25 in 2020. The feat has also been accomplished several times in the National League over the past 40 years, with Clayton Kershaw, Dwight Gooden, and Fernando Valenzuela all winning before 25 and Corbin Burnes coming close at 26. 

"The Relics Contained On This Card Are Not From Any Specific Game, Event, or Season"  

Just reminded me of why I do not really care for relic cards.  

4 comments:

  1. That's pretty good company! I'm not big on relics, or sticker autos, but even so, if I ever saw a card from this set that featured one of the guys I collect, and it was cheap, I'd probably get it; if only to have something different from that player to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched a lot of Triple Threads box breaks when I returned to the hobby... and slowly acquired some nice cards. But like you... I've been kinda down on sticker-graphs too. Sold most of them this year and last year... but I'm starting to regret that now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man... I was caught up with my own stuff. Forgot to comment... very cool card.

      Delete

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....