Sunday, July 10, 2022

Pujols Parade - 2005 Fleer Ultra

I have always really enjoyed the picture on the front of this card. In fact, I just really like this card. The whole thing. Front and back.  

Fair or foul?

Home run or strike? 

Albert is hopeful.  


This Cardinals fan thinks it's a home run.



This Cubs fan isn't quite sure......



Don't worry, guy. Zambrano's career still turns out better than Jack Morris with less incidents of sexually harassing college interns and saying stupid things on Tigers broadcasts.  

I obviously love the picture on the front of the card.  

Back of the card.  



I don't love all the dead space at the bottom of the card, but it's a far better option than having an overly busy back. There are some things that Fleer did really well here.  I like the overall design with the portrait head shot, the script-written name at the top, and the large card number (Hello!). 

This is a low-key, really good Albert Pujols card.  

4 comments:

  1. That was definitely a home run. Pujols knew it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe. Pujols had a 1.300 slugging percentage at Wrigley Field in 2004. I actually had tried to trace this back to a specific game, but Albert just bludgeoned the Cubs that year. Every game there are 2 and hits with at least one extra base hit.

      Delete
  2. I will be contrary and say that it was a foul :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had given that serious consideration given to that notion given that Pujols is still running with his bat in his hands.

      Delete

2024 Blake Snell Autograph Count: 7

This is the ninety-seventh Blake Snell autograph in my collection and definitely the first with the word "Pentamerous" on the fron...