Monday, February 28, 2022

2022 Blake Snell Autograph Count: 1

Yes, there are Blake Snell autographs in 2022 Topps.

No, this card is not one of them. 

I am just going to find Blake Snell autographs that I do not own this year. I do not mind Snell being on the Padres, there are far worse places he could be pitching, but I am also interested in looping back to find a few old Rays autographs. The prices on some of his low-print, high-end Rays autographs have come way down over the past year. 

With that being said, let me run out a Padres autograph from last year.  



This is from the 2021 Topps Chrome Update set. I usually like the autographs out of the Chrome products, because they are usually on-card signatures. Well, this one is not. Kind of disappointing, but I guess not all that surprising that Topps would find a way to disappoint on a set that I enjoy.  

Snell still had a large amount of Rays autographs last year with a few Padres autographs sprinkled into the mix. I think that every single Padres autograph released so far is a sticker autograph. Snell was traded to the Padres at the end of December 2020 just weeks before the first 2021 baseball cards were released. My guess is that he signed a bunch of Rays cards during the off-season for early Topps card products along with a bunch of stickers. Topps used the stickers in later releases for the Padres autographs.  

Snell has always signed a ton of cards. I bet he gets some on-card Padres autographs this year.  

Back of the card.  


Man that is a crooked scan. I will do better on the next post.  

It's the standard card back. Blake Snell got pulled with a shutout and 8 strikeouts in the fourth inning of his Padres debut. Almost sure there is some funny connection that Topps could have made to a certain World Series Game. 



I am sure there will be other opportunities in the years to come. 

3 comments:

  1. I need to track down a Blake Snell Padres autograph at some point. Sure hope he has a few more seasons that resemble 2018 in him. But I guess I should just hope there is a season this year first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am betting the season doesn't start into May or June. It's a little disappointing that they had the entire off-season to fix the labor contract, but waited until the last minute.

      Delete
  2. Why was he taken out after just four innings?

    ReplyDelete

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....