Monday, October 21, 2019

2019 Blake Snell Autograph Count: 22

This is one of my favorite Snell autographs that I have picked up this year.  In fact, I have generally avoided picking up multiple parallels of Snell's autographs, but that might change with this card.  The other variations of this cards seem fairly reasonable, so I am sitting here watching them on Ebay.  We will see.

Here's the new Snell autograph, which brings the count to 22.



I know this is a rehash set of the base Topps set, and I usually gripe about those in this space, but this one is really well done.  In fact, I feel like I have really ignored the Topps Clearly set the last year or two when it is "clearly" up my ally. 



Why? 

My favorite Topps parallel the last five years has been the acetate, or clear cards.  They are numbered to 10, so they are tough to find.  Way back in 2013, or 2012, or whenever they started I posted a bunch of them.  Then they got popular, they are not here as often.  Very much worth the effort though.  This Snell autographed card is the same thing as the acetate parallels. 

Here is the front and back of an acetate parallel.




Someone at Topps loves Jon Jay.  He always has good cards.  

You've already seen the front of the Snell autograph from Clearly Authentic.  Here is the back.....




Same thing as the Jon Jay, which is not a bad thing since it is something that Topps does really well.  I have a feeling that the Clearly cards are going to help me reach my goal of getting to 25 Snell autographs this year.  My goal is within reach, but we are running out of calendar days and new 2019 products.  

2 comments:

  1. Big fan of the Clearly Authentic autographs. I have a couple of Votto signatures and an Alomar. Might need to grab a Snell now after seeing this beauty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great product. Wish I would have done more with it in other years.

      Delete

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....