Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Under The Radar

Blake Snell has to be the most under appreciated player in the game. 

I have been on a roll lately with Anthony Banda cards, but I took a little break to seek out a few Blake Snells.  It's not like it really costs much to collect either player, but I am roughly paying the same price for each of their cards.  Banda is a hard throwing pitching prospect who is out for the season after Tommy John.  Snell is having the best year of his career and is easily one of the better starting pitchers in the American League. 

Top 5, not even joking, completely serious.

Former Rays pitcher Chris Archer, that hurt to type, went on a campaign of sorts after the All-Star team rosters were announced in early July.  He had a video and an Instagram post, possibly a few interviews too.  They all gave the same message......




See my point above, top 5 pitcher in the league and the numbers support it, and the players around the league are completely missing out too.  Snell is completely under the radar.  




Snell has been on the disabled list since the All-Star break, but is coming off for a start tomorrow afternoon.  You do not even have to watch the whole game, just a few minutes.  You will not be disappointed.  

Two cards.  



I love the looks of the Inception set.  Not sure why Topps made this set chalk full of sticker autographs.  The original set had a design that was in the same neighborhood as this card, but no stickers.  They were nice.  Considering these cards are less than $10 shipped, I am willing to live with whatever minor flaws are present here.  




Last one for tonight.  How much is a box of Topps Museum Collection?  This came out of a $200 box of cards, but it costs me slightly less than $10.  There is so much to like about this card.  Decent two colored jersey swatch.  It's autographed.  I did not pay $200 to pull it out of a box of cards.  I think the last one might be the best one.  


1 comment:

  1. Snell is having a great season. Gotta pick up one of his signatures for my Lefty PC.

    ReplyDelete

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....