Sunday, October 29, 2017

Matt Olson And His Chrome Friends

I had set my sights on adding a few Matt Olson cards late in the baseball season.  I was able to track down a few pre-2017 autographs before they took off in price, but I didn't think that I would get around to adding any of newer cards.

Welp.  I managed to pick up a Topps Chrome autograph, roughly two months ago, and paid the whopping price of $3.25.  It's been sitting on my desk for awhile, which is the price I pay for posting less often than I used to.

The card.....




is really nice.

I almost always pick up a few Chrome autographs every year.  Usually I target a card, win it in an auction, and then I can often find a few other Chrome cards that the seller has cheap that are ending close to the same time.

This year's winners are......


Mets fringy pitcher Seth Lugo.  I picked this card because it cost me $0.99 and I watched a game this spring where he pitched in the World Baseball Classic.  He did a pretty good job.  I can live with this card for $0.99.


Yes, Rob Zastryzny is a Cub, which would seem like a stretch for my collection as a random addition as a cheap Ebay card.  However, he is also a Mizzou alumni, so going to one of my preferred college rooting interests makes it a pretty good find for essentially a dollar.  


Brett Phillips is my last Chrome card.  He seems like a decent everyday player for the Brewers.  I was first introduced to Brett Phillips two years ago when he was apart of an on-field animal incident in the Minor Leagues.  All on-field animal incidents are usually pretty sweet......


Phillips running an opossum off the field is no different.  His card cost slightly more than the Zastryzny and Lugo cards, more like two dollars, but I am sure many other collectors also want this card for his ability to hit and run off animals.    

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to seeing what the future hold for Olson. Almost every time he stepped up to the plate he either hit a home run or struck out. Kinda like this generation's Dave Kingman.

    ReplyDelete

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....