Wednesday, December 19, 2018

A Short Post For A Short Player

Greatest short player in the history of the Cardinals?  So many good players to choose from over the years.  Plus this is a short post, no time to look up numbers.  I am going with David Eckstein, since he is both a short person and also was the 2006 World Series MVP.



Eckstein is officially listed at 5'7.  I didn't look it up, it's on the back of the card.  I have my doubts.  Here is the card which comes from this year's Archives Snapshot set.....




It's not an actual Cardinals card, but Eckstein also won a World Series while he was a member of the Anaheim Angels* in 2002.  They all can't be Cardinals cards.  Although, he did not win an MVP Award in the Fall Classic that year, but instead was won by Troy Glaus.  Also a former Cardinal, but he was a pretty big guy.  Like 6'5.  




The back of the card has some cute story about Eckstein being a walk-on while he was at the University of Florida.  Can't say I am a huge fan of his choice of colleges.  For a World Series MVP, I am willing to overlook it.  




*of Los Angeles 

1 comment:

  1. Looks like I need to go out and add an autograph of his to my short man collection.

    ReplyDelete

Monday Morning Autograph - Felipe Lopez

I own a couple of thousand autographs, the majority have never appeared on my blog. Here is a random autograph that I have never posted.   T...