Thursday, November 14, 2013

Sometimes You Win, Sometimes You Lose, Sometimes It Rains....

I enjoy watching Sergio Romo pitch and recently found out that he had an autograph in the 2013 Panini Prizm set which was quite reasonable and affordable.  Romo does not have a certified autograph beyond this card, and being a pretty popular figure with Giants fans right now, was shocked to find that the card regularly sold for less than ten dollars.  A copy of the card was going off Monday.  I decided to take a run at the card and document my triumph in Vine form to show off my winnings. 

About ten minutes out from the end of the auction I set aside the cards I was working on and settled in at my computer with a bowl of nachos and a big cup of water to watch my card. 





With about three minutes left I was clearly focused on my target.  The Romo autograph was stuck at $3.25, my nachos were gone, and my water was going fast.  I decided to try for the Romo card at $10 flat with shipping.  Meaning a bid of $7.00 bid with the $3.00 shipping fee.  It seemed like a winner...




I watched the time countdown on the Romo autograph and with just nine seconds left I submitted my bid of $7 and witnessed the awesome green Congratulations High Bidder Screen, but 




I lost.  I do not lose auctions often and was disappointed to lose the Romo autograph.  However, I remembered the words of Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh who once said:




After being down for a short time about my loss I managed to find a case breaker who had cracked some Prizm and had a Romo card that he was willing to send my way.  So, this afternoon I went and checked my mailbox and found this gem in one of the padded envelopes inside:


2013 Panini Prizm Sergio Romo Autograph 



2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Just a different way to tell a story. Something new, but I really enjoyed making this post. Thanks for checking them out.

      Delete

Monday Morning Autograph - Felipe Lopez

I own a couple of thousand autographs, the majority have never appeared on my blog. Here is a random autograph that I have never posted.   T...