Saturday, June 22, 2013

2008 Topps Allen & Ginter Ian Kinsler Autograph

A few years back I was a pretty big fan of Rangers second baseman Ian Kinsler.  Seemed like a good young player with a promising future, but he seemed to trail off a bit in recent years causing many Rangers fans to speculate about his future with the team.  Add in the presence of uber-prospect Jurickson Profar and many have been Rangers fans have been eager to see Kinsler hit the road.

At some point in there, I slowed down my Kinsler collection and even traded off a few of my nicer pieces.  Between 2010 and 2012 Kinsler's batting average fell from .286 to .256 and his on-base fell from .382 to .326.  This year has been a little bit better season for Kinsler despite the fact that he has dealt with a few injuries along the way.  His average is back up to .303 and his on-base is .374.  He's also hit with some pop blasting out 7 longballs and 11 doubles in 47 games.  

Kinsler's resurgence this season has helped rekindle some of my interest in his cards and lead to me picking up this great looking card in a trade earlier in the week:


2008 Topps Allen & Ginter Ian Kinsler Autograph 


This is a great addition to my collection and a card that I had previously owned at one point a few years back.  While Kinsler does have quite a few autographs floating around out there, he does not have a ton of on card signatures like this one.  Plus, I always like adding an Allen & Ginter autograph.  Almost always a nice set with plenty of good signatures.  I also picked up a nice 2013 Topps Archives bat card of Kinsler in the trade:


2013 Topps Archives Ian Kinsler Bat Card


I had not added any relics cards yet from the Archives set, so I guess this is a nice way to fix that problem.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Random Ray - 2023 Panini Flawless

It turns out that Ray Lankford had two autographs in Panini Flawless. I added one a few weeks back and won the other in an auction on Ebay l...