Saturday, September 1, 2012

2006 Upper Deck Sweet Spot Miguel Cabrera Autograph

One more trade from Facebook for the holiday weekend.  I completed this trade with Brian who is another great trader on Facebook.  He's got a ton of good cards and is great to deal with.  This was a card for card trade with a Matt Moore autograph going back in return for this beautiful card:

2006 Upper Deck Sweet Spot Miguel Cabrera Autograph

I've been trying to add to my Miguel Cabrera collection throughout the summer and actually have a few more nice pieces on the way.  This is my second Cabrera Sweet Spot autograph with my other coming from the 2005 set.  I really like the design of these cards and it's a big reason why I miss Upper Deck somedays.  They are also good cards to chase down because they tend to be condition sensitive.  For example, here is a Kurt Suzuki autograph I own:  

2006 Upper Deck Sweet Spot Kurt Suzuki Autograph 

The faded autograph is really common on the Sweet Spot cards.  Take a few minutes and search Ebay or COMC and you will see dozens of Sweet Spot autos that look like my Suzuki.  Anyway,  I am really happy with my new card!  

1 comment:

  1. Love Sweet Spot Signature autographs. Just another reason I wish UD would reenter the MLB market. Those 2007 Sweet Spot Signatures are notorious for fading. It's a shame... must have been the leather they had the players sign.

    ReplyDelete

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....