Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Two New Cardinals Relics

I picked up a pretty cool pair of Cardinals relics cards earlier in the week in a trade with a collector in Georgia.  Both of the cards I received were of Cardinals players who also spent a little bit of time with the Braves.  First up is a 2007 SP Legendary Cuts Bruce Sutter card.  This card is the dual jersey version and has a cool piece of baby blue jersey.

2007 SP Legendary Cuts Bruce Sutter Dual Jersey 

Living in Raleigh and have attended NC State, 90% of the powder blue in my world represents football players who cannot beat State and basketball players with low IQs and lower reading fluency.  However, there were a couple of sweet powder blue jerseys around in the early eighties including the Cardinals.  Throw in a sweet shaggy beard and you've got a cool card.  

My second card is a Futures Game jersey card from the 2003 Bowman set.  I believe that this was the first set and year that the Futures Game Jersey insert set appeared in Bowman.  It's made a regular appearance most years since.  This particular card features Adam Wainwright in a Braves uniform.  He was later traded for the great potential of J.D. Drew.

2003 Bowman Adam Wainwright Futures Game Jersey 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....