Thursday, March 26, 2020

A Break For Cards

I am taking a break for cards.

It is going to take a few minutes to scan the cards that were in my mailbox this afternoon.



I am taking a break, because it has been a busy day.  

I spent my morning teaching my own third grader reading and math.  




This afternoon, I spent time making rules for a Google Meet that I am having with the group of third graders that I teach for my day job.  Here are the rules.  




No, you cannot show up for the meeting, but please continue reading.

My third graders were actually supposed to be reading with a kindergarten class today.  Reading buddies.  Everyone loves reading buddies.  Since we are not in school, I found my own reading buddy.




I could not find a kindergartener, so I settled for a student from the 3 year old Preschool room that is currently meeting everyday in my living room.  




We made a grainy video reading the book "Dragons Love Tacos 2".  Earlier in the week, I read "Dragons Love Tacos".  Great books, if you are currently teaching kids I highly recommend both.  My reading buddy enjoyed these books.  

The three year old room is generally a pretty good class, unless it's nap time.  





I am going to call that kid's parents later tonight.  

The scanner has stopped.  I hope these cards were worth the wait.  




First up is a Brandon Lowe card.  This is from last year's Topps Tek set.  Nice card.  His cards have become a little more affordable over the last few months, so I am starting to loop back and pick up a few of the ones I missed out on.  





Similar story with this Ryan Helsley autograph.  I like the design too.  That's a huge draw to this card.  I wish the airbrushing on the front of his jersey was a little better, but overall still a really good card.  

Last two are 2020 Topps cards.  I am not putting together the complete set of these, but I am trying to pick up a bunch of the Cardinals and former Durham Bulls players.  I have picked up a few from the few packs that I have opened.  I also picked up a Snell from COMC before it all but closed down.  



Love the detail with the team's keep the same color schemes as they had in the 1985 set.  Wish they would have used the 1985 logos though.  That would have been a nice touch.  




Picked up a Pujols too, so I guess I am also collecting former Cardinals players.

6 comments:

  1. Not a teacher myself but I have a third grader and a kindergartner so this hits home for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great ages for kids, but hard to teach them and work.

      Delete
  2. Love your Google Meet rules! Any chance I can use it for my class? I'll be starting them in two weeks with my students. Should be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All yours Fuji. Do you want me to email you the original?

      Delete
    2. Oh man... that would be awesome... and much appreciated. Thanks! My email is sanjosefuji at yahoo.

      Delete
  3. Hopefully your kids appreciate having dear old dad around to be study buddies with, as there's probably a lot of youngsters out there right now who aren't nearly as fortunate, and wish that they were in your children's shoes.

    ReplyDelete

2024 Blake Snell Autograph Count: 7

This is the ninety-seventh Blake Snell autograph in my collection and definitely the first with the word "Pentamerous" on the fron...