Wednesday, April 27, 2016

We Need To Catch Up...

Baseball season has started, I have ended games, and I have not written about any of them.  So far I have been to four different games and seen some really good players and cool things along the way.  Let's go ahead and scratch one of the cool players off the list this evening.



A few weeks back I had the opportunity to attend Opening Day for the Durham Bulls.  The park always looks great.  The Bulls have a deep and talented roster this year, but the clear top prospect on the team is starting pitcher Blake Snell.  The southpaw was impressive Opening Night against the White Sox Triple A team.  His fastball was in the mid 90s and wicked curve ball in the mid to low 70s.  Great combination.  In past game posts I have included some short videos, but it was a rainy wet night.  Only pictures for this post.

Here a look at Snell working early in the game before the rain completely cleared out.

Having watched Snell pitch the last half of the season in Durham last year, I knew he was going to be a player I would try to collect this year.  He has had a few autographs over the years, but the majority of them have appeared in the later months of 2015 and a few of the new 2016 issues.  My first Snell card of the year is a nice autograph/jersey combo out of this year's Donruss......


I know I am going soft on the unlicensed card thing.  Two posts in a row. I like that Donruss put a nice sized jersey chunk on the cards and the Snell signature is pretty nice on this card.  Snell had a good Major League debut last weekend against the Yankees before returning back to the Bulls.  I am hoping for good things out of Mr. Snell.  He seems like he could make an impact on the AL East later this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday Morning Autograph - Felipe Lopez

I own a couple of thousand autographs, the majority have never appeared on my blog. Here is a random autograph that I have never posted.   T...