Sunday, September 20, 2015

#MyCardMonday



I picked up this J.D. Drew card sometime during August of 1999 after I started my first "real" job as a fifth grade teacher outside of St. Louis.  New jobs are a good reason to celebrate and new baseball cards are always a really good way to celebrate victories in life.  I really liked the 1999 SPx set, tons of McGwire cards, and it also had two autographs in the base set.

One of the autographs belonged to Tigers prospect Gabe Kapler, while the other belonged to Cardinals uber prospect J.D. Drew.  The luster had started to wear off of J.D. Drew's uber prospect status after a sluggish 1999 season, most of which had been played by the time this product had been released, but I still loved the card and had to have it in my collection.

There are 1999 copies of this J.D. Drew card, and the price has gone down significantly since the product was released, but it is still a favorite for many collectors.  Especially those of us who were around opening packs of cards back in the 1990s.

Here's to new beginnings......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday Morning Autograph - Felipe Lopez

I own a couple of thousand autographs, the majority have never appeared on my blog. Here is a random autograph that I have never posted.   T...