Saturday, September 26, 2020

A Heard of Bulls, A College of Cardinals, And Carter Kieboom

I picked up a bunch of 2020 Topps cards a few weeks back on Twitter.  I do not buy or trade a ton of cards there, but I saw a good deal on a Mike Brosseau Stadium Club autograph and ended up with a few other good cards in the process.  

A Heard of Bulls.  

Here is the Brosseau autograph.  


I'm not sure what to think of this year's Stadium Club.  I usually like this product, but I also usually buy a few packs at some point during the year.  I am convinced that there are zero packs of baseball cards at retail stores in all of the Raleigh area.  For the moment, I have a Mike Brosseau autograph.  That's a good start.  

I am a big fan of combined shipping, so I always ask about Rays who were on the Durham Bulls and Cardinals when I buy an inexpensive card.  Here are my other former Bulls players:  


I already have one of the Lowe autographs, but these are really great cards.  I couldn't pass one of these up for a low price.  Lowe is having a great season too.  



I also received a pair of Brendan McKay 1985 Topps cards.  He's out for the season with an arm injury, but I am hoping that he can make it back at some point in 2021.  McKay is a two way player, not sure that will last long, but it is fun for the moment.  

Last former Durham Bulls card....


Meadows is a pretty good young player.  He's having a bad year, but I am still hopeful.  I really like these sepia parallels.  I know they are not serial numbered or tough pulls, but they always are pretty eye appealing to me.  

A College of Cardinals 

All three of these cards are pretty simple, but I like the looks of each of them.  I got two sepia cards and a base of Miles Mikolas.  I don't really collect these three players, but they might some of the few 2020 Cardinals cards in my collection.  





The last card in the group was Carter Kieboom.  Always love a throw-in card.  





4 comments:

  1. Are the shelves empty there because your area is home to a lot of collectors, or is it just the now-normal flippers that are cleaning out the cupboards?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's likely a combination of the two. There are no card shops in either Raleigh or Durham at this point, so I am certain that there are more baseball card collectors who have switched over to retail. I know that there were a lot of basketball flippers here taking advantage of the Zion craze. I am almost certain that several continued flipping with baseball cards.

      Delete
  2. I've really cut back on eBay purchases in 2020... but I like the idea of asking sellers if they have other cards for my collections when they offer combined shipping. Seems like that would be a win/win situation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gets them out of paying some fees for sales. Gets you out of paying for postage than the cards you are buying. Always a win.

      Delete

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....