Wednesday, August 12, 2020

One Dozen Local Basketball Cards Part 8

Here is the backstory behind these cards.


Errors from last week: Mark Aguirre went to DePaul, not Marquette.  

Today's dozen features players from the Detroit Pistons and the Golden State Warriors.  

The first half dozen for this week.  These are cards 85-90 in the 1990-1991 Skybox set.



The second half dozen.  These are cards 91 - 96 in the 1990-1991 Skybox set.



Here are some questions.  I know more about college basketball than the NBA, feel free to debate the answer to these questions in the space below.  I am not doing research for a basketball card post. 

Best player in this dozen: Isiah Thomas 

Without looking (pinky swear) who went to what college.  

Last week I knew 4 out of 12.  So far, 43 out of the 84 players in the set.  

Isiah Thomas - Indiana 
Bill Laimbeer - Notre Dame 
John Salley - Georgia Tech 

I should know Dennis Rodman, and I am going to kick myself when I go look it up in five minutes.  


Best Card Front: Dennis Rodman.  It's a little weird to see him without tattoos and colored hair, but you can't beat a picture of him boxing out Larry Bird for a rebound.  

Best Card Back: Bill Laimbeer fishing.  

Best Cameo: Larry Bird on the Dennis Rodman card.  

2 comments:

  1. Found a box of this sitting in my classroom cabinet yesterday along with some 1990-91 Fleer and 1991-92 Upper Deck basketball locker boxes. Thought about bringing them home for a future box break, but ended up leaving them behind. As for colleges... Timmy went to UTEP. That's all I had... although I think I would have gotten Thomas had it been a multiple choice question.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked Hardaway up after I hit publish. I did not know. His son went to Michigan, so that was going to be my guess, but I think I would have remembered him at a Big 10 school.

      Delete

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....