Sunday, May 17, 2020

2020 Blake Snell Autograph Count: 2

Going a little slower this year.  I ended the month of May in 2019 with a grand total of 5 Blake Snell autographs, and somehow made it all the way to 30 by the end of the year.  I assure you that I am going to end the month of May in 2020 with 2 Blake Snell autographs. There are no more autographs in the works.

My latest Snell autograph comes from the Topps Tribute set.




There is a lot of stuff going on here in terms of design, and I am not a friend of overly busy.  There are two faux wood beam things running down the card vertically, the gold lattice, and then the cloud with the autograph and the Topps Tribute logo at the bottom.

Say it with me: Simple is good.

This is not the most memorable Blake Snell autograph in my collection.  It's also not the worst.  Welcome to the autograph box friend.

Back of the card.




Here is my big disappointment with the card.  After looking at all the busy stuff on the front of the card, you flip it over and find out it's acetate.  Can you tell it's an acetate card?  No, you cannot.  Feels like a missed opportunity.  

I am setting my goal for 2020 at 5 Blake Snell autographs.  

6 comments:

  1. I like this cards busyness, if only because most of the various elements are so different, or at least I don't recall seeing most of them on a lot of other cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to say the the lattice stuff was used on a group of booklet cards by Topps maybe 4 to 5 years ago, only the spaces in between the lattice were die-cut. The design was also used with a solid color background though, which I think really helped that element pop out.

      Delete
  2. These are one of the Tino autographs I'm having trouble tracking down. They are interesting looking.

    Also, a local radio host yesterday was talking about Snell's comments, and kept calling him Jake Snell. It was annoying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Local radio was all into Snell's comments here too. But they actually called him by his correct name.

      Delete
    2. Hopefully you can find a Tino like this card. It took me awhile to find this Snell, mainly because I was trying to limit the amount of money I spent on the card. I know that Tino has been selling higher than some of his other autographs.

      Delete
  3. เว็บไซต์จำหน่ายบุหรี่ไฟฟ้า ขายบุหรี่ไฟฟ้าราคาถูก มีบุหรี่ไฟฟ้าให้เลือกมากกว่า 1000 รายการ บุหรี่ไฟฟ้าคุณภาพได้มาตราฐาน ขายอุปกรณ์บุหรี่ไฟฟ้าทุกชนิด น้ำยาบุหรี่ไฟฟ้า ได้ที่นี่ บุหรี่ไฟฟ้า pod

    ReplyDelete

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....