Tuesday, March 17, 2020

There Is Still Mail

I have not worked this week, and probably have several more weeks at home ahead of me between cancelled school days and "track out" time.  I work on a year round schedule, so the "track out" time is three to five weeks in between the quarters.  I do not mind doing work at home, but it feels odd not being able to go far away from my house.  My son was sick last month with an autoimmune virus he developed after having strep, so we are really trying to stay home. 

I have been across the street for a carton of milk.  My kids have been to the end of the street on their bikes.  So far, we are doing well.  A little stir crazy, but not too bad. 

Luckily there was mail today. 

I am seriously not going to collect every Blake Snell autograph under the sun this year.  I am going to collect more of his parallels and inserts.  I also plan on trying to add a few more Jack Flaherty cards, as my current Cardinal of choice.  I have also decided to narrow my former Durham Bull focus on Brandon Lowe. 

He plays second base, and sometimes the outfield if you are not familiar with the Rays.  I think they have also played him at first base too, but he's not the same thing as a player like Ben Zobrist. 

In the grand scheme of things, his cards were probably a little high when he was first called up in 2018, but that did not really stop my from adding a few of his cards.  My favorite card of the Rays second baseman in my collection before my mail this afternoon was probably his Stadium Club autograph from last year. 





My newest Brandon Lowe might be better.  Ask me next week.  I don't want to rush to judgement. 




I did not take the card out of the top loader to scan the card.  All the little scratches and marks are on the plastic, not on the card.  Outstanding card.  Really like the look of this card a lot.  

Back of the card.  




Great looking card. 

6 comments:

  1. I love Brandon Lowe! That Heritage is one sweet looking piece of cardboard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I wish there some other Rays, or different Cardinals with autographs in the set this year. I would love to add a few more.

      Delete
  2. I'm feeling a little stir crazy too. And to think this is only the beginning. At least I have an office full of cards to sort when I run out of movies on Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually feel like I have been able to live without the streaming services fairly well. We have set up a schedule for us, school is making us log hours, and for the kids. I will need those streaming services in a few weeks when we are still stuck at home.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. My kids still ride bikes. Double teacher household, screen time is earned.

      Delete

Random Ray - 2023 Panini Flawless

It turns out that Ray Lankford had two autographs in Panini Flawless. I added one a few weeks back and won the other in an auction on Ebay l...