Monday, March 9, 2020

2020 Blake Snell Count: 1-7

Last year I posted 30 different Blake Snell autographs on here.  That was a lot of autographs of one player.  I pledged not to buy 30 Blake Snell autographs this year.  I am not saying that the number of Blake Snell autographs is going to be 0 this year, but it will likely not cross more than 5. 

I still really like collecting Blake Snell cards, but I am just keeping things simple this year.  In finding those 30 Blake Snell autographs last year, there were a lot of base cards and inserts that I missed out on adding to my collection.  So, last month while I was making posts about cards that were already in my collection, I was also out looking for some new Blake Snell cards. 

I found seven.  Here they are:

Two 2020 Topps cards.  The first is the 1985 Topps insert.  The second is the black frame parallel, which is serial numbered out of 199. 




The Rays were not around in 1985, but I like the faux color scheme that Topps created for the team. 




The rest of the cards are all 2019 Topps cards from various brands.  

Two Gold Labels.  I still like the looks of these cards, even if Topps has gone really cheap with the card stock they are now using with this brand.  





A 1984 Topps style card from a Silver Pack from last year's Topps.  You get the silver packs from stores when you buy a boxes of Topps products.  Nice looking card. 



Last two cards.  One of these is a Topps TEK white card, the other is a Topps TEK base card that was scanned with a white background.  Which is which?  




No idea. 

2 comments:

  1. Thirty autographs of one player is pretty darn impressive. I can't say that I've reached that number with any of my player collections. I think I crossed the twenty mark with Gwynn... but not 100% sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might be over 30 on two or three players, but that's it. The others were over multiple years. It's really hard to do over a long period of time, let alone a year.

      Delete

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....